Re: Nota Bene

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Harry Binswanger wrote:

>> Anne Putnam: "Yes, you can buy Nota Bene at the advertised special
>> prices of $199 for Scholar's Workstation or $99 for the word processor
>> until November 30."
>
> As someone else asked: could you explain what extra we'd get for the
> extra $100? I myself don't use either style sheets or foreign language
> characters. Is there any reason for me to go to the Workstation?

Directly from the "NB for XyWrite Users" web page at

	http://www.notabene.com/xywrite/xyprices.html

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Scholar's Workstation
  just $199! (list $449)
  plus shipping & handling
includes:
  * Nota Bene (word processor)
  * Ibidem (bibliographic database manager)
  * Orbis (text retrieval module)
  * Ibid. Plus (user customizable database manager) included only
   while supplies last!

Nota Bene (stand-alone word processor)
  just $99!
  plus shipping & handling
includes:
  * one year of free technical support

Ibidem, Orbis, and Ibid. Plus are more than just style sheets and
foreign language characters, which in any case are part of the basic
word-processor. Each of those add-in products is further explained at
the website above, which may help is deciding if you need them.

	Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day			School of Library & Information Science
day@xxxxxxxx					   Indiana University
*****
	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."

 Oct 11, 1999: According to John Roth, chief executive of Nortel
 Networks, an estimated 2.5 billion hours were wasted online last
 year as people waited for pages to download.