RE: La Machine Est Morte, Vive La Machine!

Carl,

1. I don't know why you want to install Win7-Pro "over" what ships
with the machine. Is there really any practical difference for you
between Pro and Home?

2. Really minor: make your first partition be the OS you expect to
use most. That way, the default boot-up will be to it. For me,
that's 32 bit Win7; the 64bit Win7 that shipped with the Lenovo is
the second partition.

3. I didn't do anything special to make the partitions, so I guess
I'm using the Windows way of doing that, and I have no issues at
all with it. But maybe that's because I don't know of anything
better. Well, there's one really minor annoyance: in the white on
black screen that appears on bootup, both OS's have exactly the
same name; only the position on the list differentiates 32bit Win7
from 64bit Win7 on that screen.

4. I almost never boot into 64bit mode. I know I'm not using 6 G.
of my 8 G of RAM, but so what? It's nice to have it there for when
something goes wrong with the 32bit OS: I can see and read and
write to all the files on whichever partition is not booted from.
And I want to try NB 64 on the 64bit partition. Other than that, I
have yet to find any program (including InDesign and PhotoShop)
that doesn't run splendidly on the 32bit OS.