COMM ports under OS/2

  Sure, you can have two comm apps active under OS/2 -- if one, like ZOC
releases it. DOS comm apps also will be more considerate if you set
SIO_Share_Access_with_OS2 to yes. Hmmm, I don't know if there is a com.sys
equivalent to that -- been a long time since I used that. Anyway, I run ZOC
and ZFAX (ZyXel modem voicemail and fax app) that way. I have to quit Zfax
when I bring up ZOC from minimize, but I've used other OS/2 comm apps that
allowed you to release the port from one. ZOC does it automatically when you
minimize it.

--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

"Some mon just deal wit' information. An' some mon, him deal wit' the
concept of truth. An' den some mon deal wit' magic. Information flow aroun'
ya, an' truth flow right at ya. But magic, it flow t'rougn ya."
     -- Nernelly, A Jamaican "Bush Doctor," 1982

Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or local equivalent.