Re: XY and on-line sessions (4GB)

>  Well, to see if the 4GB drive is quiet, I stuck it in a removable frame
>and fired it up.
>  Quiet? If this means as much to you as it does to me, I would *not*
>recommend a Micropolis MC 3243. This runs at 7200 rpm, and I'm beginning

   That's why I keep my "desktop" machine -- a big tower, actually -- in
the closet. Between the drive noise and the fan noise, it's obnoxious. The
inconvienence of having to get up and open the closet door when I need to
put in floppy or cdrom is preferable to the constant noise.

--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

"Some mon just deal wit' information. An' some mon, him deal wit' the
concept of truth. An' den some mon deal wit' magic. Information flow aroun'
ya, an' truth flow right at ya. But magic, it flow t'rougn ya."
     -- Nernelly, A Jamaican "Bush Doctor," 1982

Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or local equivalent.