Re[4]: A Win95 question

   < Is there any way to get the speller out of my old Xy3+ and paste it
   into Xy4?>

   Reply to Holmgren's reply to Stein:

   There IS a difference in the operation of identical spell checkers in
   Xy 3+ and 4, although the problem may be in how the Editor program
   handles the spell checking. The Xy4 checker changes the original
   position of the screen following use of Fix Spelling. This is very
   disconcerting to those of us who need to see what we've written in
   order to continue after FS does its work. What's left on the screen
   after the Xy 4 FS train wreck is one line of text, invariably pushed
   off to the right so that only a partial line is showing. I've given up
   trying to fix this. TTG refused for five years to fix it and Tim tells
   me that's the way the program works. I have programmed a Control key
   with page up, bottom screen PU,BS to restore the screen and most of
   the time the cursor position. But that's an extra and awkward key
   stroke. Robert: the challenge is to make the Xy 3+ spell checker work
   exactly the same in Xy 4. Can it be done?

   Jim Eberle
   jeberle@xxxxxxxx