Re: XyWrite for Windows---HELP

> > I need a suggestion to get XyWrite for Windows running again on a Dell
> > Pentium running Windows 3.X. I tried reinstalling XyWrite to no avail.
> > The program locks up (the status line indicates it is loading a font
> > file) when going through the start up.

 -----------Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. What finally worked (albeit not
perfectly):

At Robert's suggestion I started working through the xwstart.int
file and found the UWF 2 command was the culprit. I don't know why, it has always
been the default and no new printer drivers have been added recently.

I removed the UWF command from the xwstart.ini file. This cured the

Reinserted the UWF command, but changed default from 2 to 1.

XyWrite again would not load.

Changed UWF default to 0.

XyWrite loaded.

Just a guess, went to print manager and changed my default printer from
HP 5 to HP II.

Changed UWF default to 2.

XyWrite loaded fine.

Back to Print Manager, Changed default printer back to HP5.

XyWrite loaded and seemed to run fine.

WRONG. Now it runs ok but will only save files in XyWrite III+ or DCA format, not Xy4.

Any ideas on what to do now?

Fortunately, I normally work in Xy4 for DOS so this insanity has not put me out of business.

Thanks again.
--
Best Dives of the Western Hemisphere by Jon Huber, Joyce Huber & Christopher Lofting
Adventure Guide to the Florida Keys & Everglades by Joyce & Jon Huber