Re: XP & malware

After the fact, it occurred to me that members attach (modest
sized) screen shots to posts on this list with some regularity.
For some reason, I seemed to recall that this may have been
discouraged, just as we are not supposed to post here using
HTML formatting, with fonts, sizes of print and the like.
But the small attachment thing is o.k., I think.

There are some settings you can "walk by" a great many times
without really noticing them, and I guess this was one of those.

I agree completely about this penchant for making major UI changes
to apps or the OS, mainly for the sake of change. Who really
needs things like the AERO eye candy ? But it seems like they
have to invent (force) reasons for people to buy the next version,
to keep that revenue stream going. In the case of an app like
FireFox, these arbitrary changes just hurt usability. With FF,
there was no revenue stream to maintain, but the developers
apparently felt a need to imitate the design of Google Chrome.

 Jordan