Re: Windoze 95 GIVES YOU CANCER

At 12:08 PM 11/3/96 +0800, you wrote:
>On Sat, 2 Nov 1996 15:57:17 EST, Robert Holmgren wrote:
>
> XyQuest was
>>completely moribund. There was no income. The staff had been cut to a
>>skeleton crew. IBM offered XyQuest a miraculous chance to survive, and
>>XyQuest took that chance. IBM then funded the development of a superior,
>>new generation, WYSIWYG product (Sig==Xy4), which was subsequently ported
>>(with few feature enhancements) to Windows. Without IBM's sustenance, we
>>might still be stuck with v3.5x and -- most likely -- just plain dead.
>>
>It's refreshing to hear a different side of this story. IBM is big
>enough, and (was) powerful enough to be blamed for every evil, sort
>of like the USA when viewed from the rest of the world! There is a
>basic sociological principle at work here.

As the one who bashed IBM, I would be delighted to learn I was wrong (not
yet convinced, though am awaiting more info here). I agree with the "basic
sociological principle" in general; that principle is envy, n'cest pas?

Hoping to have my faith in IBM restored, I remain,
Your humble and faithful servant.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx