Re: vDos for XyWrite and Ansification

The solution for ansified XyWrite under VXyWrite is the one that Kari
suggests. No other way, as far as I know. My .fon files are already
CP1252 and .ttf fonts support it by default, but VXyWrite uses the OEM
set of characters.

Best regards,
Manuel

Kari Eveli wrote:
Bill, While this is feasible as I suggested, there might be a more elegant solution. vDos uses the freetype 2 library which supports, in principle, the ANSI char set. It should be a matter of a config.txt directive to get the right glyphs in place. I suppose this is not yet supported, but maybe it could be done quite easily. Speak to your developer: just allow a change from OEM to CP1252 with a config.txt directive. Best regards, Kari Eveli LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) lexitec@xxxxxxxx *** Lexitec Online *** Lexitec in English: http://www.lexitec.fi/english.html Home page in Finnish: http://www.lexitec.fi/ 13.11.2014, 19:22, Bill Troop wrote:
Hi Manuel, if you need help remapping ttf fonts I would be glad to do this. I have not yet ansified Xy4, but it would make my life much easier to get around to it.