Re: Nota Bene and writing emails

CD:
>I suppose that programs like Outlook and Express are steps in that
>direction. I'm unfamiliar with them, and I have no idea how
>successful they are.

They are extremely successful in regard to their market success -- most
every newcomer seems to have them. At the same time they are extremely
annoying in their MS-typical attempts to double-guess what you want to do,
and what is going on and to "automate" conversion and "point" you in the
right direction. Sort of like being put in the position of a first-grader,
supervised by an imbecile teacher.

On mailing lists, you quickly learn to recognize Output/Express users by
their dumping of formatted attachments without them knowing, and by their
frequent absence caused by various virii feeding on their programs.
Count me out on this one. I prefer to use an editor for editing, a mail
program for mailing, and a fax program for faxing. And in todays operating
systems, using different programs together should not be a problem. Isn't
that the whole point of Windows/Mac? I thought *integrated* do-it-all
programs (remember GeoWorks?) belong to the DOS world.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "I have always seen military service as a plus." Bill Clinton,99