Holmgren files for downloading

I am delighted to announce that Robert J. Holmgren has sent for
posting:

1. RH.XXE (encoded but in text form)

TUTORIAL: MANIPULATION OF XYWRITE CONTROL CHARACTERS WITH XPL
--------              ------- ---------- by Robert
J. Holmgren; editorial contributions by Joseph Solla
February 1990 (corrected May 1990)

If you can imagine a combination of what Tyson, Even-Zohar and
Woozley had to say about XPL programming, with a lot of insights
that have never circulated before, along with copious program
examples, this is it. It is a thorough tutorial on the 15
characters that are input as 2-byte or 3-byte strings rather
than the original characters (e.g., the tilde). It covers v.
3.55, with reference to earlier but not later versions.

The program code makes the file binary, so I have posted it in
text form as RH.XXE. You can order it with a simple get message
to the list server.

Note that this file is XX-encoded, so you will need a copy of a
UU-code or XX-code utility to decode it. Its original size is
85K, but the encoded form is 120K. If XX-decoding isn't
practical for you, let me know and I will also post it to the
FTP site as a binary ZIP file. Then you will have to download
it via anonymous FTP.

2. REORGNZ2.ZIP   63K  6.95?  for XY, XW v. 4
  RGZ3PLUS.ZIP   10K  6.95?  for XY v. 3+  A new version
of Robert Holmgren's REORGANIZE utilities, "a freeware
collection of proposals and programs that attempt to provide
much greater access to programming resources, and to impose
order on their presentation" and an excellent source in which to
study good XPL programming practice.  Carl DeStefano helped with
this version.
  These files are in binary zip form, and therefore must be
downloaded via anonymous FTP from CCAT.SAS.UPENN.EDU, directory
pub/eaan

These are major contributions. Many thanks, RH!

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia PA 19104-3325