SmartWords

Dear Ken,

Thank you for you description of the ongoing evolution of SmartWords. As I
have indicated before, I think that it has the potential to be a very
powerful and unique tool. I continue to be interested in both as a
potential successor for XyWrite, and for a text generation engine.

1) As a Word Processor
Since you do not intend it as a full featured word-processor, it would make
sense to provide very good tools for conversion/interaction with the major
word processors. Surely, such co-operativity must be important for the
Text-Generation market.

2) As a text generation engine
 I continue to be interested in SwartWords as a tool in email and html
documents for our ambitious WWW project on human proteins [PROW, Protein
Reviews on the Web]
   http:/www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/prow
I am currently maintaining the information in an ACCESS database and
manipulating text and html with Visual Basic. If my understanding is
correct that Smartwords uses Access databases and utilizes VB as a
user-programmable interface, then SmartWords could still be an important
addition to our toolkit.

Therefore, count me in.

Regards
Stephen Shaw, MD                SSHAW@xxxxxxxx