Re: A wild new idea for the future of XyWrite

Harry,
Devote an older machine (mine is Win 7 32-bit) to running XyWrite (and any other legacy software), then use TeamViewer to operate it remotely on your up-tod-ate 64 bit machine,
Interesting idea for making XyWrite available on a non-Windows
computer without having to set up a virtual machine. For 64-bit
Windows machines, however, I think most users would be better off
running a VDM (vDos-lfn being the gold standard for XyWrite), or
setting up 32-bit Windows in a virtual machine.
TeamViewer is nifty (and thanks for telling me about it a couple of
years ago). Last week I used it to remotely install vDos-lfn on one
XyWriter's computer, and it worked like a charm. After the remote
session was over, however, I forgot to close TeamViewer on my machine,
until it dawned on me that the computer was running slower than usual.
If you don't notice a difference, that's great, but there is certainly
some cost involved in running TV. (The same applies to a virtual
machine, of course.)

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx