Re: Have I been bumped from the list or

>Please, I don't mean to start another round of the great OS war,
just to
>query xydos and xywin users about if and how they see xywrite
fitting
>into the brave new 32bit world, and whether they see themselves
moving
>over to 32bit apps anytime soon.

  I just got the demo version of Starwriter for OS/2 -- it looks
pretty nice, doesn't have the customizability of XY, but it is
still pretty slick.
Comes with a math equation editor, and the whole package has a
spreadsheet and draw program integrated. They are coming out with
an English language version soon, and IBM will be marketing it
here. Unless I see something better in the next few months for
OS/2, I'll probably buy it, and keep XY4 and go with whatever
updates are made for that.
  I, for one, definitely won't be moving to win95 --- which, by
the way, is still vapourware really -- it won't multitask more
than two 32bit apps at the same time because of a major design
flaw -- which will require a total re-write to fix properly.
  On the other hand, I feel compelled to start using Linux for
my main OS, since I will be working primarily in library
automation, and intend to develop library systems running on
Linux and/or Solaris. I'm finding that switching back and forth
doesn't keep me up to speed with Linux, for one, and I need to
really start digging for setting up apps for computer-phobes in
XWindows. OS/2 is so nice and easy, but libraries should really
be run on unix systems, not expensive LAN setups. And Linux is as
technically superior to OS/2 as OS/2 is to windoz, really.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

We have found the Fountain of Youth in Asia!