REDLINING

We have just begun using redlining at the publishing company I work for; we
have 3.56, an HP Laserjet II, and it seems to be working well; I have changed
the attributes for delet from the default, which is \\\ over the words tone of
those grey "special" extended ascii characte; this prints the author's original
words within shade, so he/she can see them; the inserts are placed within the
{squiggly brackets}. The default is [square brackets] but sometimes they are
actually contained within the text. I get around the expanded mode not allowed
in ascii biz by using the followeystrokes mapped to a keyboard file. ctr/grey
plus toggles red on ctrl/grey minus toggles it off. Alt-control/grey plus
toggles red on and puts you in normal mode; alt-control/grey mintoggles red off
and gets you into expanded mode. Oh: you also have the option of adding
queries to the author by using adding a second set of footnotes, and starting
them w/ 501 (with law books you'd better start at 1001! Hope this helps.