Re: Unusual Plan for XyWWWeb.U2 v119 + NBWin Beta v8.0s

** Reply to message from "Martin J. Osborne"  on
Thu, 24 Nov 2005 20:40:56 -0500

> They are for my visual benefit only. For example, I use colors for
> math and for markup elements (like \section{...} and \subsection{...}).
> Colors that I want to print are handled by markup elements like
> \color{blue} (which probably should themselves be rendered in color too).

Piece of cake to implement this with FG/BG. *If* you had a rigorous approach
to your use of MoDes in your old docs, i.e. you didn't mix character MoDes that
were for your own visual benefit with character MoDes intended for printing or
for sending the file to a co-worker (i.e. for *sharing* with others), it is a
simple matter to construct a *brief* XPL program that converts all your files,
in a batch, from "" to "". I do this *all
the time*, e.g. with 500 or 600 HTML files (huge changes to the coding). Takes
maybe 30 seconds to execute (amazing how fast it goes, actually -- the files
just fly past the screen, one after the other)...

Anybody who installs NB does NOT want to dump Xy4 from their computer!!! You
are familiar with Xy4, handy with it, and you know how far you can trust it.
For example, I would do that conversion with Xy4, not NB -- at least, until you
(all of us) come to trust NB. And, of course, I would do it with copies of the
source files, never the originals. Once you get them right, you overwrite.
(But keep those originals anyway...)

> Many thanks for your detailed pellucid response.

Ooooh, pellucid! You're welcome.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx