Re: A plea from Mac land

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Yo Intl. wrote:

> Dorothy:
>
> >S/he might look at Nisus, the most powerful & flexible WP for the Mac; I
> >really don't know how much it might be made to resemble Xy, since it's
> >written for the Mac, by definition *not* command-line in design...
>
> Nisus is powerful and has some unique features (non-contiguous blocking
> comes to mind), but regarding its size and speed it belongs in the
> "behemoth" category, together with Word.
>
> >Also (in the shareware realm, which Nisus isn't), BBEdit Lite is free
> >and pretty nice; upgrade to the fuller version isn't too pricey. And at
>
> Yep. Small, fast and powerful. But as I said before, in this category
> I would go for "TechText" -- smaller, faster, and even more powerful!

Nisus 4.1.6 is free for the Mac; you pay for the later editions. There
is also the Nisus Compact, a stripped down version of the paid software
of the latest version. The Nisus Compact can save files in text form,
so that it can be read by virtually any word processor. I am testing it
on an older PowerMac notebook.

M.G.G. Pillai
pillai@xxxxxxxx