Re: A plea from Mac land

On Sun, 25 Jul 1999 Jayharlow@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> A friend and longtime XyWrite (DOS) user is now stuck in an
> all-Macintosh office and is struggling with MSWord. Anyone know of a
> Mac WP program that is more like our beloved XyW?

S/he might look at Nisus, the most powerful & flexible WP for the Mac; I
really don't know how much it might be made to resemble Xy, since it's
written for the Mac, by definition *not* command-line in design...

Also (in the shareware realm, which Nisus isn't), BBEdit Lite is free
and pretty nice; upgrade to the fuller version isn't too pricey. And at
Tucows, I see Cinnamon WebMaster Suite ("an efficient little text
editor"), $5 to register. (Both can be used as HTML editors, meaning
they'll display your tags and other text types in different colors so
it's easier to see what you have & what's missing.)

	Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****
	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."