Conversion of Xy4 to PDF

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:17:59 -0800
From: "J. R. Fox"
Subject: Re: Problem in Conversion of Xy4 to PDF

"Peter Goldberger" wrote:
>> make my PDF file, I generate the document in Xy4, TYpetoFile using
> >Post47.prn,
and Jordan Fox responded:
>I'm afraid my experience with Postscript is very slim, and that limited mostly
>to use of the Acrobat and GhostScript readers. But I don't recall seeing the
>Xy Postscript .PRN file you mention, and would like to find out how to obtain a
>copy.
See attached.  I believe it was among the printer files shipped with Xy4.

>> giving the document a new name with ".ps" extension, and then
>> convert that file to PDF using the excellent PDF-Creator shareware program
>>from CAD-KAS which I learned about on this list about six months ago.
>For anyone interested who missed out on this before, could you post the URL ?
Sure.  It was discussed on this list on 2/24/02 by Patricia Godfrey.  The URL is: http://www.cadkas.com/; eudora="autourl">http://www.cadkas.com .  I tried out the demo version (good only for files of extremely limited size) and then gratefully paid the $29 registration for an unrestricted version (when you register, they give you a URL from which you can download it as often as you like, that is, onto multiple computers at home and office, for example) for the next ten days.
-- Peter Goldberger, Ardmore, PA