Conversion ov xywrite files

		From the DejaNews newsgroup archives re: "xywrite"

		So the answer below to (some) conversion
		questions is to get a Mac.

					Daniel Say
Forwarded message:
  [ISMAP]-Deja News Toolbar
  Message 1 of 602

  Re: MacLink Still Useful?

  Author:  Mark Jay Mirsky
  Email: fiction@xxxxxxxx
  Date: 1999/01/10
  Forums: comp.sys.mac.system, comp.sys.mac.misc, comp.sys.mac.apps
"G. Mark Stewartwrote:
> > The MacOS 8.5 disk doesn't seem to have copies of MacLink Plus, like
> > the earlier MacOS disks. Is MacLink still useful to purchase? It seems
> > my Mac opens everything pretty much the same way it always did, so
> > what value, if any, does MacLink from DataViz have for 8.5 users?

MacLink does a superb job of translating files--tons of old Xywrite files
from my days on an IBM system are quickly converted with italics,
underlining, etc., into Microsoft Word. If you run into trouble their tech
support is smart and very helpful.