Re: New XyWrite release

>Neither is a longer loading time much of an issue. I load XyWin
at startup >and leave it there (occasionally using it, too!)
More important is the >document loading time and the program's
"memory footprint." I have found

  I too load XY at startup, and only startup once a week or so,
since my machine runs continuously, but then I do startup up
other sessions of XY at odd times almost daily, since it is also
my editor for Yarn, my off-line reader, and for FM2, my file
manager. Those waits were annoyingly long, even tho it was a
stripped down session with no menus, helps, etc. Now with
16megs of RAM, and a Cyrix 5x86 running at 120mhz it isn't so
much of a bother. Of course, that's with XY, not XYWIN, which
would take much longer to load. I would think XYWIN would
probably be unusable for those extra sessions of mine -- and a
newer longer loading one totally unacceptable for those
situations.
  But, as others have said, a lot of people use both versions at
the same time. I'd certainly like to beta test the new version to
see if it compares with Describe in utility.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx

We have found the Fountain of Youth in Asia!

=============
Microsoft Network, or any service owned in full or in part by
Microsoft, is prohibited from redistributing this work in any
form, in whole or in part.
Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this
post is available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or
local equivalent.
Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these
terms. Please send notices of violation to hseaver@xxxxxxxx
and postmaster@xxxxxxxx.