Re: XY-4 and OS/2 Experience

MarvKatz@xxxxxxxx said:

 < Has anyone had experience using XyW 4.01 for DOS under OS/2? I've ordered
 < the new OS/2 Warp (or Ver. 3.0) and would like to know what I face. The BBS
 < notices I've seen on Warp have been more than 95 percent positive, but no one
 < has mentioned using it with XyW.
 < The brief answer: works fine--actually better when it comes to printing,
because the spooling is handled so well. You can also cut and paste your
telecommunications sessions into xy pretty easily and ru4dwn multiple xy
sessions for different purposes. Various pieces of OS/2 software can be told
to use Xy as the default editor if you want (I don't actually find this
useful). My machine is all os/2 (no windows) except for Xy and Quicken. I may
eventually migrate myself to Describe, but I'm in no hurry. Xy will run a
little faster under OS/2 and you'll also have slightly more memory in your dos
session without even having to spend hours tweaking something like QEMM.

-- Voice: (919) 515-6331               David D. Auerbach
Master-Alias: David_Auerbach@xxxxxxxx       Box 8103 Actual Address:
auerbach@xxxxxxxx       NCSU local address: auerbach
Raleigh, NC 27695-8103