Re: Map the Pause key?

Reply to note from Jon P  Wed, 12 Sep 2012
09:09:59 -0700 (PDT)

> NirCMD looks interesting, but to export XY text I'd need
> to figure out how to run it inside DOSBox while XY4 is running.

Yes, the question is: can a process running under DOSBox write to
the Win64 clipboard at all? If so, then I'm guessing it would be
possible to write a U2 routine that first saves DeFined text to
CLIP.TXT and then calls NirCmd to push CLIP.TXT onto the clipboard.
If the clipboard is inaccessible from within DOSBox (which I suspect
is the case), you'd have to resort to an intermediate step, such as
clicking on a Desktop icon, to issue the NirCmd instruction. The
instruction in question, by the way, is easy as pie:
 nircmd.exe clipboard readfile "d:\path\CLIP.TXT"

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx