Clipboard in XY4 via DOSBox

Still doing some experimentation with XY4 under DOSBox in Windows 7. I can only paste from the Windows clipboard into XY4. (And so far, the only other problem I have is that DOSBox will only open two windows at a time--it ignores CTRL-F10 for the longer list.)

Carl, the Nircom software seemed like a very complicated workaround. It's easier to just open the XY
file in Notepad.

But Googling around for a two-way connection it appears DOSBox can also export to the Windows
clipboard, at least in the version tweaked by someone who calls himself Jaballa.

Unfortunately, I'm not fluent enough in programmer talk to figure out the instructions for what's
probably a simple tweak in a config file.

Search for PATCH_CLIPB on this page.

http://qv90.hopto.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15

About halfway down is a link to download Jaballa183.zip, his version of DOSBox, if anyone wants to
try it.

Meanwhile, does anyone understand DOS jargon enough to can tell me what I'm supposed to do to enable
the patch?

Thanks.

Jon Pareles