Re: Carriage returns in an imported file

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Eric Van Tassel wrote:

> What has me foxed is a symbol that looks like an "enter" (i.e. a
> left-facing arrow on screen) and behaves like one ... but it
> doesn't respond like a normal  keystroke in search or change
> commands ...

Sounds like a CR character (ASCII 13) without its boon companion,
the LF (line feed, ASCII 10) character. XyWrite always shows the
CR as a leftwards arrow, but the [Ctrl+Enter] search looks for
the CR+LF pair. In III+ one searches for the single musical note
(on the Help ASCII Special menu) and replaces with [Ctrl+Enter].

Stephen