Re: XyRide [was: Workaround for DIR in VBox]

was I kid, in the '50s and '60s, I prided myself on riding all the
In 1957, I rode the Cyclone twice. That was tough, but no match for what I
tried 12 or 13 years later at Coney the tame seeming Wild Mouse (not Wild
Rat, BTW). When the ride ended, I had trouble releasing my hands from the
bar I had held onto during the ride. Yes, literally couldn't immediately
get my fingers to release.
The parachute ride I took in, I think it was 1964. Scary as hell on the
slow ascent, but no biggie for the descent.
and the Parachute Jump, which I never had the guts to try), and, of
course, the Cyclone, which I rode so many times it actually began to
feel ho-hum. I haven't been on a coaster in almost 50 years,
I have decided there's no need to prove myself any longer, so I've sworn
off roller coasters. When I want a really scary ride, I pick of The
Critique of Pure Reason.
--Harry