Re: XyRide [was: Workaround for DIR in VBox]

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Thu, 07 Aug 2014
00:26:36 +0100

> I am sure we are all grateful for this impetuous streak.

Thanks, Bill. Still crazy after all these years....

To prove it, I'm gonna attach (and XYENCode) yet another iteration
of frame TYPEIT, along with an updated CONST.DMO, which, for demo
purposes, "types" the first few paragraphs of the U.S. Constitution.
(DeFine the entire frame TYPEIT and issue ADD2U2 to add it
to U2. Then, command RUN CONST.DMO to run the demo.)

In the last version of TYPEIT, I attempted to incorporate a short
pause after commas, but variations among systems, and even between
windowed and (virtual) full-screen Xy sessions, make it impractical.
So, in the current version (dated 8/7/14), I've settled for 1-second
pauses after semi-colons and the ends of sentences, and 2-second
pauses at the ends of paragraphs (defined as 2 CrLfs in a row).

Are we having fun yet?

Speaking of fun, if you're interested in meeting me in Coney Island
to ride the new Thunderbolt roller coaster, email me offline. When I
was I kid, in the '50s and '60s, I prided myself on riding all the
coasters at Coney Island -- the Tornado, the old Thunderbolt (built
over a house that people once actually lived in, and immortalized in
Annie Hall), the Bobsled, the Wild Rat, the tame roller coaster at
George O. Tilyou's Steeplechase Park (the real attraction there was
the Steeplechase ride -- we'll never see anything like *that* again,
and the Parachute Jump, which I never had the guts to try), and, of
course, the Cyclone, which I rode so many times it actually began to
feel ho-hum. I haven't been on a coaster in almost 50 years, but I'm
determined not to go to my grave without having experienced the new
Thunderbolt (http://youtu.be/ESU9vWCLZM0), a steel coaster
reminiscent of the Tornado (http://youtu.be/Ztxt0H3ywU4 -- film
clip from the 1920s -- look at all those boaters!), faster than the
Cycline and the best coaster ever, IMO. For an even better look at
the new 'bolt, go here: http://youtu.be/Tb-o39v9pYU.

'%--_XYENCode_start--
{{5typeit}}_Simulate_typing_for_an_on-screen_demo_[CLD_rev.8/7
/14]'^~B',*',________Usage'._~'JM2.typei
t'Q2'^'BXes'Q2'DO~~>~~>'BXd_cr=1,
1'Q2~~',*','^',*','^'BXd_eb=100,50'Q2',*',
_Keypress_pause_(second_value_controls_pause_length)'^',*','^~<
LBa~>~~>0~>~~~>~'FF',*','^~~>~
&~==1~>'BXp'Q2~',*','^~=="'^"~>~+1~>~>1~>'BXp_2'Q2~~',*','^~<
EI~>'BXbeep'Q2~~'BXd_cr=~,eb=~'Q2~B'^
'^
'%--_XYENCode___end--

'%--_XYENCode_start--
'BXne/9'Q2'BXfc'Q2~'JM2.typeit'Q2'BXfl'Q2~'JM
2.typeit'Q2'TF~~
'%--_XYENCode___end--

--
Carl Distefano