Re: still running in Windows 10

Hi all,
I bought a used computer for my kids with 8.1 a couple of months ago, it
was snappy, but the user interface was something of a mess. I downgraded
the machine to 7 Pro, all went pretty well, except that the updating
process after the basic installation took a very long time. The
resulting system was quite a bit slower than with 8.1 (the difference is
noticeable at startup). Windows 7 is beginning to show its age and is
becoming like XP in this respect. The underlying engine of 8.1 and 10 is
better, but the interface is a compromise that is not suited for serious
desktop use. Microsoft has not addressed the issues raised. There is not
a proper start menu and the user settings are scattered in many places.
My conclusion and advice: forget about Windows 10, wait for something
better, and use Win 7 Pro as long as you can. Add an SSD to the system
to speed it up.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)