From: Jon P
To: "xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Sent: Sunday, August 2, 2015 3:48 PM
Subject: still running in Windows 10

There's still a command prompt in 32-bit WIndows 10.

I have upgraded (so to speak) a computer from Windows 8.1, 32-bit,  and I clicked on editor.exe in C:\XY. Our little program simply ran--but in a tiny window, 8-point type, which had to be changed in Properties or Defaults  (I don't know which one worked).

However, it runs better and in a larger window under VDosXY, the gift that keeps on giving.

If anyone else is going to try Windows 10, be advised that it is a privacy disaster. Obviously none of us would use the Express install.  But even after a custom installation (and refusing to Personalize, which lets MS record every keystroke), you need to go into Settings/General and Settings/Privacy and turn off a dozen things that Windows 10 automatically opens . Or just stay with 8.1.

Jon Pareles