Re: Redlining (was Re: Taboo Broken Again)

Carter, I do appreciate the advice on red-lining but I still doubt
i'll be able to convince my co-author to use it.

we are on the last 75 pages of a 400 page book with deadline looming.
I can't even get him to switch over to a spare 14.4 modem i have so
despite my cutting edge 33.6, we are exchanging files at 2400 baud..

does this mean there is no hope for getting modes to cooperate?
sigh. any advice that will help us with the current methods would be
of great help. Next co-author, i swear, will be computer literate :)

> At 08:48 AM 4/1/97 +0000, you wrote:
> >I'm not sure. I just know that my co-author says he can't use
> >redlining.. it could just be that he can't figure it out.. he hates
>
> Sherry, what is your default setting for Redlining? Unfortunately I don't
> have my manuals with me, but I seem to remember that redlining in Xy4 has
> the ability to store the date, time, and initials of the editor. XyIII+
> didn't have this and probably is wondering what you are trying to do, having
> all of this extra information in the mode definitions.
>
> You can change your redlining defaults so that it acts like XyIII+. I can't
> remember what the settings mean, but look for the two lines:
>     ;RD defines redline settings.
>     df rd=0,4,4,0,186
> in the settings.dfl file. Then look up the definition in the manual and
> change accordingly (BIG Help, I am, eh?! :-)) If that doesn't work, we'll
> try some more digging around.
>
> Carter Campbell
> campbeca@xxxxxxxx
> Calgary Alberta
> CANADA

Sherry@xxxxxxxx
``If I knew the way, I would take you home.''