Re: XyWrite, Windows XP, etc.

an old Encyclopedia Britannica

do you mean old as in 1997, or old as in 1911, 30 something,
60 something? I'd love to have something much older than my 1997 EB -- it would be so useful if you're writing about, say, the 1930s. And thanks for all the encouraging XP info. I hope it's applicable to XP. I use Xy3/4DOS on Win95, and choose the most attractive of the windows (12x22 in my opinion); I never use it full-screen. I hope I can get something that looks as good on the 1600x1200 laptop, that will occupy, say, 3/4 of the full screen area. But it would be great if XP also supported the full screen mode as well.