Re: Screen Font

Actually, I'm embarassed to admit that I don't know a thing about Postscript.
These home-made fonts of mine have served me nicely for `half a decade' now,
and continue to serve. Postscript has made me nervous, with its memory
requirements and seemingly tenuous port from another arena (where did it come
from? the Mac? Unix? I forget). Plus, it seems even more complex (of
course, this cannot be possible, and yet...) than Higher-Price's whoops
Hewlett-Packard's PCL language. Plus, at 300 DPI, am I not exploiting my
LaserJet II to the max anyway? And there's the factor that in XyW you can't
sync up the graphics & draft fonts except via Speedo, and even there, above 256
you're doomed to look at "[345]" symbols, which are ghastly. So what, pray, is
the answer? How do you get reasonable video (= draft mode) plus graphics
preview, all in Chinese? I'm thinking that, at present, it's impossible.