Re: Screen Font

Don't know a thing about XyWin, but don't all Windows applications make use of
Windows printer support? And Windows has PostScript drivers. The PostScript
support in Xy4 for DOS is limited, as you probably know, though the printer
driver works fine. I could add fonts to the driver with ADDPS in Sig with a
little trouble, but the ADDPS program for Xy4 that I downloaded from the BBS
was buggy; TTI is sending me a revise. At best, ADDPS is cumbersome, and it
can't handle fonts that don't follow the standard character-set conventions.
The expert fonts, for example--which have small caps, text figures instead of
lining figures, etc. So I don't know that you'd find it easy to use your own
PostScript outlines on a PostScript printer, working with XyWrite. Maybe you
would. I just don't know. Though once you have your outlines it would be simple
to generate bitmap fonts in whatever sizes you want.

XyW 4.01, of course, not point one. Transmission error, of course.

I know you're right about OS/2, Robert. It's on the disk here, but I haven't
been able to get to it yet for more than a quick lookaround, and now I'll wait
a little longer for OS/2.1.

RH