long postponed fixes

Hi Robert,

It's great to see you back posting on the list these last couple
months.

I have 2 or 3 items of unfinished business that I think you may
be in the best
position to resolve. I'll just mention the first one this time.
Despite following
all instructions to the letter, I have never been able to get
CLIP to work, with
Xy-4.018 under OS/2. The variables in .U2 are set, the CLIP
files are where
they are supposed to be, and they are properly PATHed. I even
duplicated the
PATH support in AUTOEXEC.BAT, in case it had any bearing on
this. (The
only thing I did not go over with a fine tooth comb were the DOS
session set-
tings. I run Xy-4 seamless, full-screen, either from a desktop
object or called
from a Programs menu -- in case this matters.)

What happens when I attempt to use CLIP ? If trying to go TO the
clipboard,
nothing. If trying to receive FROM the clipboard, I get the
"Please Wait"
message, apparent activity at the Prompt line, but several
minutes go by with
no results. Finally, I must kill the session, as Xywrite won't
otherwise disen-
gage from this process.

What am I missing here ?

Jordan