Re: wildcards on xy-III

Carel wrote:
don't know if this was a special version for europe,
we thought we did buy the most current (normal) version

in the attachment you"ll find an extract of my .hlp file
(xy-mode)
showing the wildcard possebilleties of my XY
There's nothing in what you sent that indicates the possibility of
search-and-replace with wildcards--and that is what was added. Yes, 3+ had
(some) wildcards. What it didn't have was , for example:

CI /aNb/cNd/

where N is the wildcard for any single-digit number.
Can you use my command above to change body text of "a6b" to "c6d" ? I'm betting you can't. Let us know.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx