Re: Looking for input

K Frank--

  I enthusiastically support the HTML mode in XyWrite for
Windows. I am currently implementing the unhappy compromise of
using Microsoft Word for
Windows with public domain HTML editors which are designed as
modules for use with MS WFW. I think an HTML mode with viewer is
a natural for XyWrite for Windows and I feel it has good
marketing potential since there is currently no full-featured
word processor with an HTML mode. And there are a million or
more individuals and companies and organizations--like
myself--using HTML to write and maintain one or more web pages.

--Kiyoshi Kuromiya
 Project Director
 Critical Path AIDS Project
 kiyoshi@xxxxxxxx

>I think it I have made it clear in my discussion of OS/s, etc.,
that we feel >we have to focus our development efforts in a few
areas where we feel the >return will greatest. There are
several areas we are confident of and are >proceeding with
development.  >
>As a result of some of the exchanges here we have looked into
HTML capability. > Our preliminary investigations tell us that
because of some architectural >changes we have made in XyWin,
with a relatively modest effort (modest in >comparison to
full-scale development projects like an OS/2 version) we could
>enable an "HTML" mode in XyWin that would author and display
HTML files in a >"native" mode. XyWrite would use HTML codes
and escape sequences, and permit >editing and display of the
documents in WYSIWYG mode just as they would appear >through any
browser. In fact, except for the communications and a few other
>features, the product would have many of the characteristics of
a browser as >well as an editor.

>Having made the initial determination of feasibility, I am
interested in your >feedback as to whether you feel that,
properly marketed (on the Internet and >appropriate media), such
a full-functioned word processor/HTML editor would >have
significant market potential. I am also interested in any
guidance you >think you can give us as to other sources we might
explore to get further >information in making this decision.

>Finally, we continue to be interested in any feedback as to
>features/functionality such a product should contain.
>
>Your advice is appreciated.
>
>Kenneth Frank

 Kiyoshi Kuromiya, Project Director
 Critical Path Project