Re: off topic: query to editors

<< A question of editorial judgment-cum-taste: As its historian, I am writing
the history of a 75-year-old club founded by literary and other artists,
though its membership is broader than that. At several points in the last 25
years I have been critically involved in affairs which must be related. I
might add that I have been extravagantly honored by the club, which named its
library after me.
<

I'd vote for first person. It's simple and accurate. You were a witness to
some of what you're describing, after all. "Felknor said" sounds grandiose,
and "the secretary" sounds like false modesty, given the honors the club has
bestowed on you.

Lynn Brenner
718 855 2179