off topic: query to editors

A question of editorial judgment-cum-taste: As its historian, I am writing the history of a 75-year-old club founded by literary and other artists, though its membership is broader than that. At several points in the last 25 years I have been critically involved in affairs which must be related. I might add that I have been extravagantly honored by the club, which named its library after me.

What is your judgment on the better (or least offensive) approach in telling my role? First person, third, or third "once removed."?

I said, Felknor said, the secretary said?

TIA.

Bruce Felknor (an old editor)