DOS Text-Full Screen and Win

Offline Carl-D. and I have been talking about the quality of
DOS text. Just got a new system with a 17-inch aperture grill monitor and
in DOS full screen XyDos4 text has a grilled look, even with UltraVision
TSR. We guessed that the extra inches gave it the look -- UV written in a
time of 15-inch or smaller screens. I wondered if there was a difference
in DOS text on aperture  grill screens compared to the other.
I wondered if the V-card had something to do with it. E-mailed ATI and
asked if one could tweak their card to produce better DOS text. They sent
me to their WEB for some VESA utilities, then admitted nothing could be
done. So the choices in 17-inch full screen DOS seem to be, go back to
15-inch or spend a million bucks and try to find a 17-inch with something
like 20 dot pitch. Or...

Perhaps try to tweak DOS in the Win98 window so it looks better. 1. How do you add to the fonts listed in the font pull-down menu. I downloaded LFL fonts but can't get them in there. 2. When I make the window fit the full screen by changing the screen length in both win-properties and settings.dfl, I lose function in some of my re-mapped keys. If some or all of this has already been covered and if someone can remember the rough dates, I'll  search the archives . Thanks.

Michael Norman