Re: International keyboard layouts - solved

Edward,

Well, at least I did not get it working. I use Freedos keyb in MS-DOS 6
under Virtual PC 2007 DOS/Win 3.1 and in W2K DOS subsystem under
VirtualBox. Both work ok.

E.g. I have this in my C:\winnt\system32\autoexec.nt:
REM Installs a custom umlaut support for my US Avant keyboard (this is
my own layout = US plus some characters, like ä and ö.

c:\sy\keyb.exe av,437,c:\sy\av.kl

I installed the same files in vDos, and it is not working. The FreeDOS
KEYB is loaded ok, but at least custom settings do not work.

But this concerns only the DOS prompt, and in Xy everything functions
according to the Xy keyboard file. So I do not see the point, KEYB is
not necessary for running Xy!

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)