Re: DOS on modern equipment

On 13/3/14 9:58 PM, Jay Mcnally wrote:
> is it possible to find someone who could create a new operating
> system that either is the same old DOS or is similar to DOS that Xy
> was written for?

Possible, but probably not for free. Crowd funding might turn up
enough other interested people to commission someone to write a DOS or
DOS-similar environment to run on modern equipment. However, our
requirements are so specific (a plethora of fonts and font-managers,
full-screen/windowed-mode readability, printer drivers, USB porting,
sharing/moving files across hardisk partitions running other OSs, etc.
etc.), that it is unlikely we would find a source-code tweaker who has
the patience to hear us out and tweak endlessly for each of our
individual constellations. The TAME-DOS guy bent over backwards for
Harry; don't expect to find another like him.