Re: How use scancode test?

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Mon, 08 Dec
2008 16:39:43 -0500

> Two problems are clear: the very first user keystroke doesn't
> get registered (subsequent ones do) and when I hit the
> terminating Alt-q, I see the error message: specify filename
> (and no YES!), and it doesn't EXit.

Neither happens here: All keystrokes are read and returned, no error
message on termination. Are you sure the sample code in your post
and the code you're actually testing are the same?

But, really, to step back a bit, why have a PrograM at all, when all
you want to do at this stage is start a DeFine and "edit the text in
the normal way"? Editing while a PM is running is anything but
normal. Why not start the procedure (whatever it is) *after* the
DeFined block is complete? If there is no DeFine, PRompt the user to
DeFine some text and RUN the PM again.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx