Re: Free Virtual PC

Robert wrote:
Nonsense! Every time I stick my nose in here (about once a
month now), I see misinformation, generally from the first
randomly-selected message. Disheartening.
Kim Komando actually said: "Microsoft provides virtual machine software
called Windows Virtual PC. You can download it for free from my site.
Windows Virtual PC only works with Windows 7. " I misreported that as it
being *free* only for Win 7, where she claims it is free but only works
with Win 7, which still sounds dubious to me. Googling suggest you can run
VPC under XP, it's just that Microsoft doesn't support doing that. Of
course, why would you want to? The only reason I can think of is to run
pure DOS on an XP machine. More Googling indicates you can run VPC under
Vista, too.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx