Re: vDos 2015.11.01 or 2016.06.01?

Bill,

There are such systems, but there are always some caveats. Virtual PC
2007 with DOS additions has almost everything that it takes to qualify.
Unfortunately, it is no more developed and made compatible with the
latest operating systems, which results in rather clumsy integration
with the host. vDos-based systems have overcome the integration part
better. I see vDos(-lfn) more as a runtime environment for DOS programs
than as a fully fledged virtual operating system. Running multiple
instances with different settings or even codebases for specific
purposes is quite ok. Admittedly, this is more practical than philosophical.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx