Re: Footnote Size problem

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Fri, 9 Jun 2000 08:56:01 EDT

>> Holmgren: "Fortunately, in Xy4+, you've
>> got all these facilities at your disposal (Speedo, TrueType, Adobe, ..."

> Have you found a way to make TrueType work in Xy4DOS, or were you referring
> to XyWin?

I was referring to "Xy4+". As I see it, we've got three distinct families of
processors, defined by command sets that are nearly identical:

1. XyII
2. XyIII - Euroscript - NBDOS
3. Sig - XyIV - XyWin[GUI] - NBWin[GUI]

I don't see how TrueType can operate outside the M$ GUI context. Neither can I
get Speedos to work (properly) with NBWin, and it's my understanding that
clearing up the problems is not on NB's to-do list.
Moreover, absent PRiNter files for NBWin -- do they exist? I don't think
so, at least not available directly from NB AFAIK (hope I'm wrong) -- I don't
see how you're going to get Adobes to work with NBWin either, although you can
probably take XyIV or XyWin Adobe PRNs and adapt them to the task with a little
abracadabra (that's something I've wanted to explore for a year now).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx