Re: Problem with graphics view...?

Here's an oddity. Or is this something I missed? I was loading the
portable version of Xy onto my thumb drive, to test on the XP box at the
office, and noticed a setting for "location of SCRFONTS.BIN." I went
looking for that file and couldn't find it, either in my permanent
installation or in Portable. Then I consulted the manual, which told me
Xy re-creates that file any time one switches into graphics view. As I
never go to graphics view, it is not surprising the file isn't there.
But then I did switch to graphics view, then alt-Tab to minimize, and
went looking. Still no SCRFONTS.BIN in the Xy folder--anyplace. Used dir
d:\*.bin /s /p and the Windows Find command. Is this something that was
dropped long ago, and the manual isn't accurate? Or does it get deleted
as fast as it's created? But Carl's Portable routing still includes that
setting. The Graphics view was accurate, by the by. This is, of course,
under 98 SE, so offers no clue to the XP problem.
PS Under 98, one can go to graphics view from a window. There's that
sickening few seconds of black screen, of course, and the graphics view
is ipso facto full screen.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx