Xy4 install problems

Hi, friends -
I've put Xy4 on several machines by bypassing the install altogether. If you
have a machine on which Xy4DOS is running well, just ZIP the files you need
onto floppies and UnZIP them to the appropriate subdirectories on the new
machine. It's a bit of a pain in the kazoo, but my install diskettes seem to
be corrupted too. To get a relatively "full" install, you need the Editor
(of course), the various files for proofing (dict.spl, etc.), the startup and
settings files, templates, the printer file (unless you're changing printers;
then I don't know what you should do), and so on. You'll also need your
speedo fonts from BTFONTS directory. When you first fire up Xy4 in the new
machine, you'll probably get some beeping and error messages. These will
tell you what you've forgotten -- files to transfer, directories to create,
etc. As I said, it's a pain, but sometimes it's the only way.

Newcomers, take heart: Xy4 properly set up in a Win95 environment works like
a charm for most of us.

Tim Baehr
TBaehr@xxxxxxxx