Re: XyWrite

Dear Jay McNally:

You ask about using XyWrite at a Word97 site. It's not clear what you are
looking for. If they force you to use Word, what option is there? You can
always write in XY and output to Word6 format, but I hear Word97 can't read
it.

If you want to avoid Word altogether, you have 2 problems. One is to set
up an icon to use XY as a DOS program. That will work only if you have a
driver for the printer and, I suppose, other drivers. The other is to get
XYWIN and use the Windows drivers. It involves practically no relearning,
because the commands are largely the same, and you can use practically the
same custom keyboard.

As for the XyWrite list, I will send you the usual information separately.

Cheers,

-------
N. Sivin
History and Sociology of Science