XPL FUNCTIONS

XY-> I found today that David Auerbach wrote yesterday: "[ ... I]t struck me [ .
 -> ] that the XPL program with all the CI commands in it was a little primitiv
 -> and hence subject to the "multi-pass" criticism. But that was a criticism o
 -> the programmer and not of XPL which permits doing all that in one pass; it
 -> does after all have the `contained in' operator. [ ... other patronizing
 -> advice clipped ]

 -> apologize.     --Annie

A ceaseless iteration of ci commands is more typical of a
beginner's discovery of the scroll lock key than a seasoned user,
Annie.

Why didn't you just use ci with a variable? It would've looked
much more elegant even if it did exactly the same thing.

--Chet

---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx