Re: Xy-Dos and Windoze

On Thu, 30 Mar 1995, James D. Besser wrote:

> Can anybody give me some advice about using Xy-Dos under Windoze (pardon
> the expression, Harmon). Specifically, what is the optimal setup in the
> PIF file? It seems to work without any major problems, but the alt-tab
> method of cycling through applications doesn't work, I assume because >
XyWrite's keyboard is in control. > > Also: is there any way to
paste from the Windows clipboard into a XyWrite > file? And vice
versa? If so, how, exactly? > > jb >

I don't think you can use alt-tab when you've shelled out to DOS.
You're basically disconnected from Windows. For the same reason,
you can't cut and paste to and from Windows. Another thing you
can't do is use a DOS TSR hotkey while shelled out; it will crash
your system immediately, at least in my experience.

MC